Distinctions and Honours
- Dictionary of International Biography
- Marquis Who's Who In the World
- Baron's 500: Leaders for the New Century
- 1986 - Present: Frequent Science Writer for New Scientist, Times Higher Education Supplement, Science Spektra (U.S.).
- 1995 - Present: Web Site Design Consultant.
(Winner of The Encyclopaedia Britannica's "Internet Guide Award" - presented to "an elite group of web sites for the quality of their presentation, content and accuracy.")
- 1996 - 1997:Tutor in Philosophy, The University of Lancaster , teaching both undergraduates and MA students in the courses: Science and its Critics and Science and the Domination of Nature.
- On-line Faculty member of Connected Education Inc. (New York.) Connected Ed. is an organisation, founded in 1985, providing degree and MA-Level courses completely online in association with The New School for Social Research (New York) and the Polytechnic University of New York. Connected Ed. is currently in negotiation with Bath College of Higher Education (England), and other Universities to set up an online PhD course.
- Director and Organiser of the Annual Conference on the Philosophy of Sir Karl Popper. Since 1988. Speakers have included Professor Hans Eysenck, Professor Susan Haack (Miami), Andrew Massey (Director of the California Philharmonic Orchestra), David Miller (Warwick), Professor Michael Redhead (Cambridge), Professor Michael Ruse (Guelph), Professor Neil Tennant (The Australian National University).
- Member of the Editorial Board of The Journal of Social and Evolutionary Systems. (New York.) (Formerly, the Journal of Social and Biological Structures). Editor-in-Chief: Paul Levinson . This journal, with an emphasis on an evolutionary perspective, is of particular interest to Popperians. Since August 1994.
- Associate Editor of The Popper Forum (Hardcopy, Journal). Guelph, Ontario. Editor-in-Chief: Professor Fred Eidlin . Since January 1993.
Writing a book called "Popper For Beginners", Commisioned by Writers and Readers Publishers, New York.
The distinction and relationship between Science and Technology.
A Defence of Popper's Theory of World 3: the Psychological
Transcendence of World 3 and the Causal Effectiveness of Logical
The Pragmatic Problem of Induction Solved by Conjecture and
Refutation: How Truth is Sufficient For Practical Action.
- The Metaphysics of Scarcity: Popper's Theory of World 3 and the Theory of Finite Resources
Country walks, cycling, swimming, science fiction, cinema, scientific and technological developments. Personal development theory and cognitive therapy. Rock, blues, jazz and classical music.
It is my aspiration to live in America.
70 Hillview Court, Astley Bridge, Bolton BL1 8NU England.